Guide to moving while sick
Moving is hard. You have to plan, organize, declutter, pack, relocate, and unpack. However, if you are sick – moving can feel not just hard but like a living nightmare. However, don’t fret moving companies Hollywood FL are here to help! Today we are going to present to you our ultimate guide to moving while sick. So that if you do wake up on moving day with signs that you are sick; all your hard work doesn’t go to waste. Sounds good? Great! Let’s get started.
Why do we get sick?
If we want to prevent getting sick we must know why do we fall ill in the first place. “Being sick” is a broad term that encompasses a lot of different medical conditions. From a benign throat ache to something serious. However, for the purposes of this article, the word “sick” is going to be used as a synonym for infectious disease. This type of sick is caused by pathogens such as germs and bacteria that enter the body. Most of these pathogens get blocked off by your immune system. However, some bacteria are able to trick your immune system by disguising themselves in healthy cells. That’s why it’s so important to know how to fend off these infections once they do enter your system.
How to boost your immune system
The best way to move while sick is not to move while sick. That’s why these Miami movers are going to recommend a few ways to improve the quality of your lifestyle that will, in turn, boost your immune system.
- Exercise. Do 150 minutes of cardio (running/jogging) per week, and weight train three times per week. These are the bare minimum requirements that the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommend.
- Maintain a healthy weight and body composition. If you need to lose weight, make sure you eat in a caloric deficit. If you are underweight, make sure to eat in a caloric surplus. For recommendations on your ideal weight, check out the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases Body Weight Planner.
- Have high-quality sleep. We recommend that you have a consistent bed and waking up times. Don’t drink coffee before bed, and sleep in a cooled room with lights in the room blocked out.
- Don’t smoke or use other addictive substances.
- Minimize stress and engage in meaningful social interactions.
As you might’ve guessed by now this is not you run of the mill nonsense tips and tricks to boost the immune system. These are the things that everybody knows about, that are common sense, but so many people simply do not follow. However, if you want to lead a healthy life, or at the very least if you do not want to wake up sick on your moving day, make sure to follow these tips!
Moving while sick
So, you’ve had a healthy lifestyle, planned and organized the move, hired your local movers Florida, however on moving day you woke up sick. So, what should you do?
Well, that’s an excellent question. If you’ve taken all the necessary precautionary measures not to get sick and still got some sort of cold, that’s okay. It happens to everybody. However, the question now is should you delay the move or not? Well, there are several things you need to take into consideration.
I have Covid-19 symptoms…
…but I’m feeling okay, should I proceed with the move? If you have symptoms of the Covid-19 virus, you should definitely delay the movers. This is not something to take lightly. While you might feel okay, that doesn’t mean that you won’t pass the virus down to someone else. If you experience symptoms of sneezing, coughing, high temperature – do not proceed with the move. Isolate yourself, and wait for the symptoms to dissipate.
I don’t have Covid-19, should I still proceed with the move?
Even if your symptoms are benign we still strongly recommend that you delay the move. We understand how painstaking it can be to watch a project that you’ve spent months on planning get delayed because of some sore throat and runny nose. But trust us, if you can afford it – delay. You can only make matters worse if you decide to relocate while sick.
Moving while sick – how to
However, if you still want to relocate regardless of what we mentioned there are a couple of things we can suggest that will hopefully make your move a tad bit easier.
- Declutter your home. The fewer items that need to be relocated, the cheaper the relocation will be.
- Hire a reliable moving. Let them do all the heavy lifting and packing. We recommend that you spend your time in bed recovering.
- Find someone to help you supervise the move. If you already need to relocate, we recommend that you don’t be present during the move. You should call your friends and ask if they can be your overwatch while you recover. It is a big favor to ask for, but hey – that’s what friends are for.
In conclusion – is moving while sick possible?
Lastly, let’s make a quick overpass of the things we covered. First, if you are experiencing symptoms do everything in your power to delay the move. Especially, if you think you’ve got Covid-19 symptoms. However, if there is no possibility of delaying the move then we recommend you ask a friend to be your stead while you recover. Declutter your belongings and hire the movers. This way you are keeping everyone safe and comfortable.
If you need any other moving-related help make sure to contact Pro Movers Miami today. We offer great local, residential, local, and long-distance moves at an affordable price. Don’t believe us? Contact us today and see for yourself! We’ll even throw in a moving quote, free of charge!