Modern renovation ideas for your Miami home
Mesmerizing beaches, sunshine, art deco, and good vibes. Welcome to Miami, the capital city of Florida, the seat of Miami-Dade County, and one of the biggest cultural, economic, and financial centers in the United States. If you wish to move to Miami permanently, you should contact one of the local moving agencies to help you with the relocation process. Professional movers have all the right tools and loads of experience to tackle every type of relocation. But you should know that the move is not over when the moving truck leaves in front of your new home. You still have to unpack and make your home suitable for living. It’s possible that you will have to undertake some repairs for everything to be according to your preferences. Therefore, we present you modern renovation ideas for your Miami home.
Renovation ideas for your Miami home: How to make space look bigger
The lack of space is one of the main problems of living in big cities. Space is an expensive commodity, but there are ways to makes smaller rooms look bigger:
- Paint the walls in bright colors. When you use white paint, you are giving the room some much-needed breathing space. Other than white you can use pastel shades of green, blue, or pink.
- Use as much natural light as possible. In other words, don’t cover your windows with heavy curtains. If you don’t have enough daylight set-up artificial lighting but try to use led panels as they emit bright white light.
- Place mirrors strategically. Mirrors do an amazing job of making small spaces look bigger. They reflect the light from different angles thus making rooms look bigger. Furthermore, mirrors also create an illusion of depth.
- Get some multi-functional furniture. Folding sofas, couches, and beds present an excellent solution for saving space.
- Rent a storage unit. Have too much stuff that you are not ready to throw out? Renting a storage unit might do the trick for you.
Renovation ideas for your Miami house: How to pick furniture
Choosing furniture for your apartment can be a frustrating activity simply because there are far too many choices. It’s easy to get lost when you have plenty of different choices. So here are some rules that you should remember when choosing furniture for your apartment:
- Try not to mix styles too much. Using different styles in one apartment could be a good thing, as this is the way of leaving your personal mark. But as much as you don’t want a furniture catalog look, mixing many decorating styles might end in your home looking like a circus.
- Use a limited color palette and patterns. Try to repeat the colors and styles on walls and some pieces of furniture to make your room feel tied together.
- Create a central point. This is a trick that every photographer knows. In other words, use one piece of furniture that doesn’t match in terms of color or style and build the whole room around it.
How to organize your life during home renovations
Home renovations are a transitional period during which we have to change our routines and habits to adapt. Depending on the scale of works there is a possibility that you will have to live somewhere else during this period. Here is what you can do if you are moving into an unfinished home:
- Rent an apartment nearby. You will be able to swing by and check how the works are progressing.
- Ask your friends to crash at their place. Don’t forget how home renovations tend to run off schedule, so plan wisely and don’t overstay your welcome.
- Go to a hotel. This a somewhat more expensive solution, but you will have loads of free time to concentrate on renovations-related tasks.
- Create a safe zone in your home. Even if you are renovating your entire home at once, you can reserve one room for sleeping and eating.
What to do with your belongings during this period
Huge structural repairs like leaking roofs, tearing down walls, electrical installations, and plumbing are all quite dirty business. There will be a lot of dust and debris, and your belongings could get damaged in the process. If you don’t have a spare room to put your furniture and appliances, storage units Miami could do the trick for you. But there are some things that you should be aware of before renting a storage unit:
- Safety parameters. Before you book a storage unit you must check if it ticks all the right security boxes. By this, we mean the latest monitoring systems, quality locks, and the presence of night guards.
- Climate control. Air-conditioned storage units are the best way to preserve your belongings m from harsh outdoor factors. Climate controlled units also prevent mold and mildew from appearing.
- Accessibility. Make sure that the unit is easily accessible by truck or van. Also check out if they are open 24 hours a day, and if they work on weekends and holidays.
Additional renovation ideas for your Miami home
- Don’t shy from hiring a professional interior designer. Remember that these people went to school for this, so they are certainly more qualified than you are. Try to explain your vision and see what they have to offer.
- Plan your budget wisely. It’s easy to get carried away when you start upgrading your home. Therefore, you should set priorities and be realistic about your budget.
- Take your time and relax. Renovating your home should be a project that will bring you happiness and lift your spirits. So, we advise you not to rush and make any decisions that you might regret later.
These were some renovation ideas for your Miami home, and a general outlay of golden rules that you should follow. What color of walls and furniture, or materials will you use is entirely up to you. Remember that these rules are not written in stone and that you should trust your instincts and imagination.