5-Bedroom packing tips for busy moms
Being a mom is much more than just giving birth to a child which a herculean task in its own sense. Raising a kid is one of the greatest achievements in life. It takes a lot of love, patience and hard work to help a kid become a quality person one day. Moms are there for their children in all huge life events, from the first day of school to their graduation and marriage. But some other events also have an impact on kids, like for example, the relocation. The biggest problem here is not all the hustle and bustle that surrounds every move, it’s the impending changes. Those changes could be especially hard for kids if you are moving to another state or city, as your kids have to adapt to new surroundings, a new school and make new friends.
Furthermore, moms will have a hard time too as they will have to balance between their daily obligations and organizing a move. One way to make these turbulent times a bit easier is to get the services of reliable local movers Florida. This way you could delegate some of the duties to professionals and concentrate on your kids. We are here to help you prepare and cope with moving difficulties and in this article, we are going to share with you a few bedroom packing tips for busy moms. Stay tuned.
Hire an experienced moving partner
It is difficult to organize a move if you have to worry about a plethora of other things, or if you have to move on short notice. For this reason, we advise you to get the services of a professional Coral Springs moving company. Every reliable moving company has the knowledge and tools to organize your move from the beginning to the end. You just have to find such a company. The problem is that the moving market is full of companies that do not present an excellent choice. So, how to find the right one? Here are some tips that could help you in your search:
- Ask friends and relatives for a recommendation. If you know someone who recently moved, ask them for advice. Even if they had a bad experience, you will know who not to hire.
- Reliable moving companies have a dedicated website with all the necessary info about their business.
- Their personnel should be friendly, uniformed, and ready to answer all your questions.
- Every professional moving company should have a reviews section where you could read other customers’ comments and experiences with that particular company.
Get some packing supplies before we proceed with packing tips for busy moms
If you decided to pack on your own, you must get some quality moving supplies:
- Cardboard boxes
- Packing paper
- Bubble wrap
- Marker pens
- Color stickers
You can get all those items at your local DIY store or order them online. If you are looking for ways to save some money, you can try to find used boxes online, or ask your friends who recently moved if they still have some leftover boxes. Another option is to go to your local supermarket and ask for used boxes.
One of the most important packing tips for busy moms: Start packing on time
Like we already said, moving is a complicated process, and the best way to be sure you are heading in the right direction is to start with the preparations on time. Imagine the scenario where your movers have arrived and you are still packing your clothes. This is certainly a recipe for a disaster. Giving yourself an early start is crucial because even if you make some mistakes along the way, you will have time to correct them. So, grab a piece of paper and take a tour of your home and create a moving checklist. Give your items a priority rating, and don’t forget to pack an essentials bag.
Bedroom packing tips for busy moms:
Packing your bedroom is just like pacing any other room. It is not difficult when you know a few tricks:
- Get rid of the stuff that you don’t need. Sell, donate or throw away everything you don’t intend on keeping. Now is the perfect time to sort out your belongings. It will be easier for you to pack, and you will save some money on moving quotes.
- If you are moving during summer, pack winter clothes first as you are not using them now.
- Pack your clothes into suitcases. If you are traveling by your car, you can leave your clothes on hangers, but cover them with a plastic bag for dust protection.
- Place fragile items like lamps, picture frames, and electronics into separate boxes, and label them as fragile. Use packing paper or old clothes to fill any leftover gaps.
- Try to include your kids in the proceedings if they are old enough. Let them pack their toys, books, and clothes. This will make them feel as they are a part of the team, and help them overcome this turbulent period.
- Be careful not to overstuff the boxes.
- Leave bulky and heavy furniture like beds and sofas to professionals. This is not something you could do on your own unless you call several friends to assist you. Professional movers and packers are the right choice for this task.
- Don’t forget to label your boxes!
Follow our packing tips for busy moms and you will organize your move like a pro. What you need for this occasion are quality packing tools, good organization and a lot of patience. And don’t forget to start on time! We wish you the best of luck.