What to expect when moving from Florida to Nevada
Thinking about moving from Florida to Nevada? Wonder what to expect? The first thing that comes to people’s minds when they think of Nevada is the bright lights of Las Vegas and its lifestyle and the charming attractions of Reno. However, Nevada has a lot more to offer than great entertainment. The Silver State, as called, is the mixture of the mountain range and breathtaking desert with only seven inches of annual rain and almost 300 sunny days. However, that’s not all. Nevada offers endless possibilities. Moving to Nevada is a perfect choice, so don’t wait long and move to this livable country with Pro Movers Miami. But before that, let us take you there throughout this article and confirm why you’ve made an excellent decision. Enjoy.
Before we find out what to expect from moving from Florida to Nevada, let’s go through some quick facts about the country. Known as the Silver State, Nevada borders Oregon, Idaho, California, Arizona, and Utah. Nevada in Spanish means “snowy” and got its name from the snowy Sierra Nevada mounts range. However, Nevada is largely desert. Despite that, one of the largest lakes in North America, Lake Tahoe, is located there. Nevada is the seventh-largest state in the U. S. With a population of nearly 3 500 000, Nevada is the 32nd most populous state.
Pros of moving from Florida to Nevada
Nevada’s population has been increasing in the past few years. It has become one of the most popular states to live in due to several reasons. Here are some of the reasons why people love living in Nevada:
- The weather: Nevada is one of the driest States since the state is largely covered in desert. It is one of the sunniest states in the US, with approximately 300 sunshine days, and the rainfall is low. Summers are hot, and winters are long and cold, but only in the North. In the South, winters are mild and quite short.
- Diverse and breathtaking landscapes: Nevada has it all, from the desert, impressive mountain range, canyons, and valleys to the beaches, deep lakes, and rivers. The magnificent nature leaves no one indifferent. That’s why Nevada is a popular place for both tourists and newcomers.
- 24/7 entertainment: Las Vegas is the synonym. Nightlife, casinos, nightclubs, and widely available alcohol represent Las Vegas. Although called a “Sin City,” it has much more to offer than just vice. In Las Vegas, you can enjoy many cultural attractions such as the Neon Museum, The Bellagio Fine Art Gallery, The Mob Museum, The Volcano at The Mirage, The Smith Center, The Springs Preserve, Little Church of the West, and much more. So, If you want to make a cultural escape in Sin City, you know where to go.
- Many holiday seasons throughout the whole year: Celebration and festivals define Nevada and its culture. In Reno and Las Vegas, you can visit more than ten festivals.
Moving from Florida to Nevada: Housing and cost of living
No income taxes. Yes, that’s right. Nevada is one of the seven states where you don’t have to pay income taxes and taxes on unprepared food, medicines, farm machinery and equipment, and newspapers. All this makes Nevada appealing for newcomers. If the fact that there are no income taxes is reason enough for moving from Florida to Nevada, start planning your relocation. Luckily, you don’t have to perform it by yourself. Interstate moving companies Miami are fully at your disposal anytime and anywhere.
A plethora of outdoor activities
Due to Nevada’s eye-catching natural scenery, it’s a perfect place for different outdoor activities, from hiking and mountain biking to swimming. There’s also rock climbing since the splendid Red Rock Canyon is the hot spot for rock climbers offering above 2000 different cliffs to climb. Not to forget to mention skiing and snowboarding, and also zip-lining in the beautiful mountain range of Sierra Nevada. But that’s not all. Despite being largely desert, Nevada has a lot of wilderness regions perfect for camping and trail hunting. Wherever you move to Nevada, great fun is guaranteed. Be sure that you’ll become an adventure lover if you move to this magnificent state surrounded by breathtaking nature. If these reasons are enough for your to move from Florida to Nevada, choose interstate moving companies Miami Dade for a safe and smooth relocation.
Economy and job market
Although the first thing that comes to people’s minds when thinking about job opportunities in Nevada is that they are limited only to casinos, nightclubs, and restaurants, Nevada offers more than that. Yes, these are the most common job opportunities, but there are other options as well. The growing opportunity is in the field of technology, especially in Reno, which is home to startups such as Tesla, for example. Nevada is ranked 37th in the state economy, 24th in employment, and highly ranked 4th in business development. So, Nevada is definitely a place to find a job and improve your career. And, if you are moving from Florida to Nevada due to business reasons, hire movers Fisher Island FL to take care of both your residential and commercial relocation while you focus on your job.
Cons of living in Nevada
The cost of living is higher than the national average, and the median home value is about $300 000 while median rental expenses are nearly $900. So, it’s cheaper to rent than buy a house in Nevada. And if you decide to move here with children, bear in mind that Nevada is not famous for such a good public school educational system, so you’d probably have to enroll your children in private schools, which may be slightly expensive. Also, the crime rates are above the national average. Of course, it depends on where you choose to move. Another disadvantage is that there’s a lot of traffic and crowd so be prepared to leave your home at least 30 minutes earlier.
Places to live in Nevada
- Reno: If you want to improve your career in the field of technology or to develop a startup, Reno is the perfect match.
- Henderson: If you are searching for a safe place, Henderson should be your choice. It is a city with almost no crime rates, which makes it perfect for raising a family. It also offers good quality education.
- Verdi: Second most popular town in Nevada for raising a family.
- Mesquite: If you are a retiree who wants to settle down in a place of a strong community, Mesquite is perfect. It’s the number one place for retirement in Nevada.
- Las Vegas: If you are looking for fun and entertainment, Las Vegas should be your choice.
Wherever you choose to move, you can count on our long distance movers Miami. Contact us, get your moving estimate, and enjoy moving from Florida to Nevada.