Long distance moving guide for beginners
Relocation has gained notoriety for making people feel anxious and like they are under pressure. This is mainly because relocation is very difficult to organize even when you are moving across the street, let alone if you are moving to another city or state. Secondly, relocation is not something we do every day, and therefore we are not familiar with how it works. Luckily for you, Pro Movers Miami is an experienced moving company that knows how to deal with every type of relocation. Also, moving brings many changes to our lives. Getting used to life in a new city is a process that could last for several months, and during this time you have to continue with your daily activities. But don’t worry we have prepared a long distance moving guide that will help you overcome this difficult period. Stay tuned for more.
Create a moving plan that will be your long distance moving guide
People usually move long distances because of work, studies or in search of better living conditions. If you are moving because of studies, contact your local school movers Miami. But before you start doing anything else you need to conceive some sort of moving plan. What should that plan include:
- Moving budget estimate. You should know that moving is not cheap. The average price for a long distance move starts at $4,300. Add to that the costs of moving insurance, travel costs, and real estate agent fees.
- Create an inventory of your belongings. When you have a list of your possessions it will be easier for you to keep track of you have already packed. You will also slim down the chances of forgetting something.
- Make travel arrangements. Book airplane tickets and hotels.
Hire a reliable moving company
Moving huge distances calls for professional assistance. While it is possible to cram your belongings in the back of your car when you are moving a couple of blocks away, relocating to another state requires serious logistics. Most companies offer long-distance moving services, but unfortunately, not all of them present a good choice. So how can you be sure that you have picked the right moving partner?
- Ask your friends for advice. Do you have friends who moved recently? Maybe they could recommend you a trustworthy moving partner? Even if they had bad experiences you will know who not to hire.
- Look for licenses and certificates. Every reliable moving agency has a dedicated US DOT number and other licenses that are necessary to operate on the market.
- Call them on the phone or visit their headquarters. Are their personal friendly, well-informed, and ready to answer your questions?
- Check out their vehicles. State of their truck and vans speaks volumes about that company.
Get rid of things that you don’t need
Speaking of packing, there is one thing that you should be aware of. Before you pack your belongings, you should decide what are you taking with you. We are sure that you don’t need everything you own, and now is the perfect time to get rid of everything that is a surplus. In other words, you should try to sell or donate everything you are not using regularly. If that fails, visit your local dumpster and throw out all that trash.
Benefits of decluttering your home
- Easier packing and unpacking processes. The less stuff you have to pack, the simpler the whole process will be. Also, it is much more convenient to pack your household when you are not surrounded by heaps of items.
- Saving money. The less stuff you transport the lower the moving costs will be.
- Peace of mind. You are beginning a new chapter in your life, right? It is preferable to start it with a clean and organized apartment. Don’t bring stuff that will just sit there and attract dust and allergens.
Get moving supplies
When you get rid of stuff that you don’t need it is time to start packing. But before you do that you must get some basic moving supplies. These can be acquired at your local DIY store, or you can ask your friends who recently moved if they have some leftover boxes that you could use. Anyway, these are some of the tools that you must get:
- Cardboard boxes
- Packing paper
- Bubble wrap
- Styrofoam peanuts
- Basic tools like screwdrivers
- Packing tape
- Marker pens
- Label stickers
Finish reading these long distance moving advice and start with preparations on time
The best way to ensure that your move goes smoothly is to start with preparations on time. Imagine that the moving truck has arrived in front of your house and you are still packing your plates and glasses. This is certainly a recipe for disaster. On the other hand, if you start preparing on time you will have enough time to correct any mistakes that you might make. Furthermore, if you call your moving agency on time and book the move in advance you might get some sweet discounts. If you are in a situation where you have to move on short notice and you don’t have enough time to pack your belongings, consider getting packing services.
Long distance moving guide final tip: Learn more about your new neighborhood
While you can make changes and improve your apartment after you move, there is one thing you can’t change. That is your new neighborhood. This is why it is extremely important to choose a neighborhood that is according to your needs and preferences. Here are some parameters that you should take into consideration:
- Crime rates and overall safety
- Quality of schools
- Availability of public transportation
- Property values
- Costs of living
As you can see, moving to another city or state requires good organization and a timely start. Follow our long distance moving guide and you will be able to enjoy your new home in no time.