How to maximize the space in your new home in Davie, FL
The moving process is sadly not over when the moving truck leaves you in front of your new home. You still have to adapt your home to best suit your needs. The most common problem for people living in big cities is space. With the constant influx of new residents, real-estate prices are constantly going up. It’s nearly impossible to find spacey apartments in big cities like Miami. On the other hand, you might be able to get more for your dollar in smaller towns like Davie. If you plan to relocate here on a permanent basis, you should contact one of the moving companies Davie FL. So, what are the best ways to make your apartment look bigger and how to make it more functional? We have several interesting ideas that will help you to maximize the space in your new home in Davie FL. Stay with us to find out more.
Invest in multipurpose furniture if you wish to maximize your new home in Davie FL
People who are moving to smaller homes need to make sure everything fits. Students are often changing their address because of studies and are mostly looking for smaller apartments in order to save money. If you are moving in search of better education, school movers Miami present a reliable yet affordable choice. Anyhow, you can get the smallest spaces to look bigger if you get creative with furniture choice and arrangement. Be aware that using neutral colors for furniture and walls make rooms look more spacious. Also, use several large pieces of furniture instead of many smaller pieces. This is a neat little trick that will make the room look bigger.
- Nesting tables and foldable chairs can save a lot of room, especially if they can be used as additional storage capacity.
- Sofas and beds with folding mechanisms are some of the best space-saving solutions. Look for pieces that have built-in drawers where you can place your pillows and sheets.
Consider renting a storage unit
Storage units present a great space-saving solution. By temporarily putting aside items that you are not using regularly you will be able to get the most of your apartment and save a lot of precious space. But before you proceed and acquire storage services from your local moving company, you must be familiar with a few facts that will help you to make the best possible choice:
- Safety parameters. Every reliable storage facility must be equipped with video monitoring systems, quality locks, and guards. Remember that the safety of your belongings is at stake here.
- Climate-controlled units. Most companies offer this type of unit that does a great job of protecting your belongings from harsh external factors like extreme heat and cold. Also, climate-controlled units prevent moisture from building up, as well as mold and mildew from appearing.
- Accessibility. Is the storage unit easily accessible by van od truck? Are they open on weekends or national holidays? You should be able to swing by and pick up your belongings whenever you want.
Place mirrors strategically to get the most of your space
One of the best ways to make smaller apartments look more spacious is to use mirrors. Put a few mirrors on your walls and you will instantly add several square feet to your apartment. The trick with mirrors is that they reflect light and create an illusion depth thus making the room look bigger and brighter. The most efficient way to do this is to use several big mirrors that will reflect large parts of opposite walls. Place them strategically so that they could receive daily light from windows. Mirrors are quite heavy and fragile and therefore difficult to transport, so you should consider professional assistance for this task. Your local Miami residential movers have teams of highly skilled professionals at their disposal that are used to moving bulky pieces of furniture.
Maximize the space in your new home in Davie FL by throwing out everything that is surplus to requirements
Moving to a new home presents a massive change, and you want to begin the new chapter of your life with an organized living space. In other words, you should declutter your home. Piles of items attract dust and allergens, while the constant state of chaos contributes to anxiety, mental unrest, and concentration difficulties. So how to get rid of stuff that you are not using regularly?
- Throw out everything you don’t plan on using. The best time to get rid of everything you don’t need would be before the move. The packing process will be a lot easier, you will pay less for the move, and you will also unpack a lot faster.
- Sell items that are worth something. Want to earn a few dollars during relocation? You will be surprised just how much money you can earn by selling all that garbage.
- Consider donating as well. If you feel bad about throwing your stuff in the garbage consider donating to people in need, and charities.
Other cool methods to make small spaces seem bigger than they actually are
What else can you do to transform smaller spaces? There are plenty of budget-friendly options that are not complicated to achieve. Here are some cool options:
- Use bright colors for walls. Picking the right color is crucial when it comes to tiny spaces. Stick to neutral and light colors like white or soft shades of green, blue, and peach color.
- Furniture arrangement. Set up your furniture in a way that it does not ruin the overall flow of the room.
- Minimalism. Or in other words, less is more. Resist the urge to fill your shelves with countless memorabilia, figurines, and other trinkets.
- Being organized. There is nothing that makes space more confined than piles of necessary clutter. Get rid of everything you don’t need if you wish to get the most of your small apartment.
As you can see, there are plenty of different ways to maximize the space in your new home. The important thing is to be organized, and to have a vision in your head when conducting renovations.